Traditional and sweet-tasting rice delicacy made using rice, spices, and jaggery.
PREP TIME: 50-60 Minutes
- 1.5 cup Jashn basmati rice
- 2 to 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1.5 cups water
- 8 small cardamoms (green)
- 8 cloves
- 30 to 40 raisins
- 2 leaves of Indian bay leaf
- 2 tbsp roasted peanuts (optional)
- For Soaking Jaggery
- 240 grams jaggery
- 1.5 cup water
- First, soak the jaggery in water for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Rinse the rice a few times. Soak them for 20 minutes.
- In a pressure cooker add the rice and 3/4 cup water, close the lid, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until al dente. Let the pressure settle down on its own and then open the cooker lid.
- Fluff the rice in the cooker itself.
- Add oil and the jaggery-water mixture. Stir gently.
- Add cardamoms, raisins, bay leaf, cloves, and peanuts.
- Again stir the mixture well but gently.
- Close the lid and pressure cook once again for 2 to 3 minutes. Allow the pressure to settle.
- Garnish with dry fruits of your choice and sweet jaggery rice is ready to be served.